My Journey To A Healthy Lifestyle Part 3: The Proper Diet, Right Exercise and Smarter Fiber
Achieving a healthy lifestyle is easier said than done. Loosing weight, lowering cholesterol and sugar did not happen overnight. It takes a lot of discipline and political will.
As I continue on this challenge to get healthy, I really have to make some sacrifices – away from bad foods and bad habits which actually put me to health risks.
But how can we really lose weight and live healthier?
1. The Proper Diet and Fiber
FIBER should never be disregarded on our daily menu and less calories. Also, always include the GO, GROW and GLOW foods! Eat high fiber content, less calories foods! Fiber itself does not contain calories and it helps our body eliminates bad cholesterol, high blood sugar levels and excess fats.
From the menu suggestions in Clium Lose More Live More site, I only chose foods that have high fiber content.
( Rich in carbohydrates, great source of energy)
C-Lium Fibre (1 sachet, 5g fiber, 0 calories)
Brown Rice (1 cup, 3.51g fiber, 218.4 calories)
(Rich in protein, need to help build and repair muscles)
Boiled String Beans (1/2 cup, 4g fiber, 120 calories)
Monggo (1 tbsp, 2.1g fiber, 45 calories)
Gabi (1 cup, 6.7g fiber, 187 calories)
(Rich in vitamins and minerals, strengthen immune system)
Potatoes (1/2 cup, 5.4g fiber, 129 calories)
Eggplant (1/2 cup, 2.7g fiber, 9 calories)
Tomatoes (1/2 cup, 2.5g fiber, 33.1 calories)
Avocado (1/2 size, 2.8g fiber, 170 calories)
Mango (1 cup, 3g fiber, 77 calories)
2. The Right Exercise.
I hear you saying you’re too busy to visit fitness centers or gyms. But I am sure, you have a spare time at least 30 minutes a day to do little work-out either at home or during your break at work. If you really want to get healthy and fit, STOP MAKING EXCUSES!
Discover simple but effective exercises brought to us by C-lium. Log-on as a member (http://www.clium.com.ph/losemore/) and learn these exercises.
Here are more helpful tips to live healthy and young from C-lium:
1. Snack on whole wheat crackers to make the most of their high fiber content and choose brown bread, pasta and rice as opposed to their white counterparts.
2. When adding ingredients for cooking, be sure to replace saturated fats with unsaturated fats. Olive and canola oils can replace fatty additives, such as butter when preparing your meals.
3. Trade your bag of chips for dried fruits and nuts. These low-fat and high fiber food will keep your body in tip-top shape.
4. Eating foods high in fat and cholesterol & having a low-fiber diet have been found to cause colon cancer. Get your best protection by eating healthier food options and incorporating high amounts of fiber in your diet.
5. Want a tasty and nutritious snack that is easy to prepare? Slice an apple into square bits and sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder to give it a twist!
6. Fruits are a good dietary source of soluble fiber. Be it fresh, frozen or canned, they essentially help in regulating your bowel movement.
7. Be wise in your food choices. Set a goal to incorporate a variety of nutritious food cooked in healthy ways! Use low-fat methods such as baking, broiling, roasting or steaming.
8. Find a hobby that you love and turn it into an exercise routine! Try dancing, walking, gardening, yoga, cycling, playing basketball and many more! Choose an activity that fits your lifestyle!
9. Keep a journal of your work-out routines everyday to keep you motivated and to show how much you have improved since Day 1.
10. Aside from the usual routines like running and biking, why don’t you try a more intense and challenging fitness program that will keep your heart pumping and your muscles contracting such as TRX suspension? Exercises like this allow you to work all of your muscles simultaneously (back, biceps, rear delts, traps, forearms, hamstrings) so your entire posterior chain is already hard at work.
Read more on https://www.facebook.com/Clium.
Go for a healthy lifestyle, today. Tomorrow might be too late.